Want a Date? Buy a Home — CNN
Images for this post are temporaraly unavailable.
Every once in a while we need to lighten things up and this news report fits right in there the day following Valentines. CNN reports the findings of a study conducted by Trulia that singles prefer to date homeowners rather than renters.
Trulia commissioned Harris Interactive to survey 1,000 singles and found the following:
- More than a third of women would rather date a homeowner than a renter
- Just 2 percent of women responding to the survey had preference to date a man that rents
- 18 percent of men preferred to date a women that owns a residence
- Only 3 percent of men would choose a renter over an owner
- 62 percent of men and women prefer to date singles that live alone
- Less than 5 percent of the respondents would date someone living in their parent’s home
- A private bath was the most favored amenity (named by 64 percent of the men and 75 percent of the women)
- Walk-in-closets were mentioned by 55 percent of men and 72 percent of women
- Gourmet kitchens made the list of 51 percent of male respondents and 62 percent of females
- Surprisingly, hot tubs were mentioned by just 22 percent of women and 26 percent of men